About the Treatment
Concessions are available for senior citizens (aged 65 and over) and children under 18 yrs - Please ask for details.
Please note: Children must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Please
consult your doctor first if you have concerns about your child's health.
Pre Treatment Advice
- It is not advisable to eat a heavy meal 2 - 3 hours before a treatment.
- A doctor's consent may be required before treatment is given for people on medication or suffering from a serious medical condition.
- In order to undertake a complete examination you will be required to undress to your underwear. Please ensure that you are clean and wearing supportive underwear.
- Please ensure you have visited the bathroom at home before your appointment as there are no toilet facilities available at the clinic.
- You may prefer to bring a large towel from home to place over the vinyl treatment couch cover for comfort.
What to expect from treatment
- Please arrive just in time for your appointment as there is no waiting room.
- All appointments are 30 mins.
- Each treatment will be tailor-made for your individual needs.
- All new patients are asked to fill out an online health history questionnaire when they first book their appointment this must be submitted at least the day before their appointment . If
you have any problems filling in the form please get in touch with the clinic and the Osteopath will call you to complete the questionnaire over the phone.
- At your first appointment the Osteopath will undertake a physical exam and clinical tests that may including blood pressure and reflexes. You will also be asked to perform a few simple movements.
This will confirm that you are safe to treat and ensure that we provide an appropriate treatment for your particular problem.
- Treatment will involve a variety of techniques including articulation, manipulation of the joints and muscles through massage, stretching and other osteopathic techniques. Mary will also
offer acupuncture if it is appropriate.
- Treatment includes advice on exercise and management of the injured area. Follow up bookings may be necessary, dependent on each case.
Please call, text or email Osteoworks for fees and pricing.
(Cash Card or Cheques are accepted.)